Welcome to FBLID 7
Welcome to the Fort Bend County Levee Improvement District No. 7 website. Here residents can find information regarding upcoming events, news, district boundaries, board of directors, public documents from the district, contact information, and more.
Services We Provide:
FBLID 7, which encompasses New Territory, operates and maintains approximately 3.75 miles of levees and other drainage facilities that include:
- Ellis Creek, an internal drainage channel that collects and conveys storm water runoff;
- Outfall structures where internal storm water drainage is discharged outside of the levee and into the Brazos River via an external drainage channel that is also operated and maintained by FBLID 7;
- One pump station (electric facility that pumps the interior rainfall outside the levee and into the external drainage channel during a combined river/rainfall flood event);
- Flap gates (gates preventing river water from entering New Territory); and
- Five detention/retention ponds (artificial lakes that include a permanent pool of water and space to detain excess water).
FBLID 7 also has the power (pursuant to a separate statute) to construct, maintain and operate a reclaimed water system for purposes of providing a non‐potable water source to the New Territory Residential Community Association, Inc. (the New Territory HOA) for irrigation of the common areas and make‐up water to the lakes within New Territory.